February 7, 2013

My Mani Must Haves

Hi everyone! Tonight I thought I would share my manicure must have with you. If I use these products, I've had a mani last perfectly for at least five days. I haven't tested how much longer they could go because I always want to do a new manicure!

Keep reading...

First, I use Beauty Secrets Cuticle Pusher/Remover. After I remove my last manicure and file, I wash my hands in warm, soapy water and then use the pusher on all my nails. Be careful when use start removing your cuticles, because it will be very easy to cut yourself if you push too hard... I speak from personal experience!
Now onto the nail care! I use Orly products for a few reasons. One, they're available at Sally Beauty and affordable. Two, they work, which really is the only reason you need!

I've used O.P.I. strengthener in the past, but I like Orly Tough Cookie (OTC) as a base coat. It covers the nail smoothly and dries quickly too. I've had some nail breaks in the past, and using OTC over my repair has kept the nail intact!
I love Orly Bonder (OB)! I'll put that on over OTC, and it is the same coverage and dry time so I don't have to wait long to put on color. It is a rubberized polish and it helps the color stay on your nail longer.
Now, this is where I'll differ in opinion from some other nail art addicts. I ordered Seche Vite Top Coat online after reading all of the amazing reviews... but I don't like it! Don't get me wrong, it does dry very fast and hardens unbelievably, but I HATE the shrinkage! I've tried to be really diligent about wrapping over the top of the nail and it never helps. On top of that, in about 24 to 36 hours, my entire mani will peel off in one sheet. HATE THAT! I work hard on my mani's, why do I want them off so quick?

All that being said... I decided to try Orly Sec 'N Dry Top Coat (OSDTC) and it is perfect! Very little shrinkage at all and when I use it with OB, it's like I've cemented my manicure in place. No chips, no cracks, and I can't even pick at it, which is good for me because I tend to pick at my nails when I'm stressed!
For an extra bit of art/change of pace, Orly Matte Top (OMT) is a great option. With this baby you essentially double your polish collection! The matte finish is so different from a shiny finish and a really cute option for the bright polishes. Be warned, this will make it easier for your nails to chip, so be gentle!
Last, but certainly not least, my dotting tools! I ordered them off Amazon for like $5 and they took FOREVER to get delivered, but I love them. They were totally worth the wait. They've given me the ability to do so many new designs! Yes, you can make your own tools with pins stuck into erasers or any other creative way you can think, but for how little these cost just go buy them!
Ok, that's the basics! Hope you enjoy all the details, and please leave me comments and questions! Have a royal day!

No comments:

Post a Comment